We are a community of worshippers seeking to follow Christ in the 21st century. Part of sharing what we have means using our building to provide a base for community groups at reasonable rates, to run alongside our own groups.
Here are some of the activities going on here:
- Polka Tots – a parent and toddler drop-in group from 2-4 every Friday (except during August). We charge £1 per family, and provide refreshments & toys. This has been run by church volunteers for over 20 years and we have had second-generation kids coming along.
- Flashmob – an after-school drop-in group at 4.30 on Fridays with activities and play run by Andy Lowe and our Community Lay worker during term time
- Girl Guides – the 5th Hove Girl Guides meet here at 7-9.00pm, contact Lynne or Quita at firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope to be hosting a new Scouts group here in the Autumn
- Red Jelly – our longtime messy play group for children up to 7, run by Emma Churchill (email@example.com) from 10-12pm on Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays in term-time
- Little Pickles – a parent and toddler music group run by Dave Taggart, muso extraordinaire (firstname.lastname@example.org) from 10-11am on Wednesdays and Thursdays
- Sama Karate – fitness, discipline and martial arts taught by Sam Tebay (email@example.com) every Wednesday evening in term times
- LAMDA Drama tuition and coaching for all ages – contact Sarah London at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hove Luncheon Club – an award-winning group of volunteers (Argus Community Stars) who provide a three-course meal for £2 to all comers (during term time).
Caroline Henderson (email@example.com) of Cooking & Co also runs a Thursday group here – it started as a cooking club for a number of people with differing abilities, but it is increasingly popular with people who drop in to eat together
- Prayer and meditation – every Wednesday evening here from 7-8pm a small group of us gather to pray for the church family, our local community, national and world issues. We welcome prayer requests, and will also pass them on to our email Prayer Link group. Anyone is welcome to come and sit in.
On the last Wednesday in the month, this session is given over to Centering Prayer and Lectio Divina; forms of Christian meditation. Again, this is open to anyone, whether Christian or not.
- Brighton & Hove Camera Club run a group here at 7-9.30 on Tuesday evenings