(a film about lunch delivery during the Covid 19 pandemic.)
We are a community of worshippers seeking to follow Christ in the 21st century. Part of sharing what we have means using our building to provide a base for community groups at reasonable rates, to run alongside our own groups.
Details of our groups including contact links
- Polka Tots – a parent and toddler drop-in group from 2-4 every Friday (except during August). We charge £1 per family, and provide refreshments & toys. This has been run by church volunteers for 25 years and we now have second-generation kids coming along.
- Girl Guides – the 5th Hove Girl Guides meet here at 7-9.00pm Mondays, contact Lynne or Quita at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Little Pickles – a parent and toddler music group run by Dave Taggart, muso extraordinaire (email@example.com) from 10-11am on Wednesdays and Thursdays
- Sama Karate – fitness, discipline and martial arts taught by Sam Tebay (firstname.lastname@example.org) every Wednesday evening in term times
- LAMDA Drama tuition and coaching for all ages – outstanding 2017 results – contact Sarah London at email@example.com
- Jittabugs Classical Ballet class on a Monday at 4-5pm with Emily Dauris – contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hove Luncheon Club – an award-winning group of volunteers (Argus Community Stars) who provide a three-course meal for £2 to all comers every Tuesday at 12.30 (during term time).
Caroline Henderson (email@example.com) of Cooking & Co also runs a Thursday group here – it started as a cooking club for a number of people with differing abilities, but it is increasingly popular with people who drop in to eat together
- Loving Hands: a weekly informal support group for anyone experiencing bereavement or isolation, hosted by Rachel and Jaqui from the church and lunch club. Come along and have a cuppa and a chat on Friday mornings, from 10.00-11.30am.
- Monday Guild: between September and May, from 2 to 4 pm, weekly on Mondays, this is a Christian meeting for friendship and fellowship, with a variety of speakers and topics.
- Brighton & Hove Camera Club run a group here at 7-9.30 on Tuesday evenings
- Film Club: between September and May, on the first Friday of the month at 7.45pm, we watch a film together then chat about it over a cuppa afterwards. Free admission with donations towards our chosen charity. Details in Newsnotes.
- Mens Club: September to May, weekly on Fridays, 7.30-10.30pm, snooker, darts, table tennis. c/o David Sawyer
Please read how Hove Methodist Church is coping with the pandemic.Hove-Coronavirus-1
Hone Methodist Church and the Poets Corner Pub have together installed a defibrillator at the north-west corner of the church. In case of emergency the access code is C159X.