We are a community of worshippers seeking to follow Christ in the 21st century. Part of sharing what we have means using our building to provide a base for community groups at reasonable rates, to run alongside our own groups.
Details of our groups including contact links
- Polka Tots – a parent and toddler drop-in group from 2-4 every Friday (except during August). We charge £1 per family, and provide refreshments & toys. This has been run by church volunteers for over 20 years and we have had second-generation kids coming along.
- Girl Guides – the 5th Hove Girl Guides meet here at 7-9.00pm Mondays, contact Lynne or Quita at firstname.lastname@example.org
The 6th Hove Senior Girl Guides meet upstairs at the same time, contact Trish le Gallez at email@example.com
- Red Jelly – our longtime messy play group for children up to 7, run by Emma Churchill (firstname.lastname@example.org) from 10-12pm on Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays in term-time
- Little Pickles – a parent and toddler music group run by Dave Taggart, muso extraordinaire (email@example.com) from 10-11am on Wednesdays and Thursdays
- Sama Karate – fitness, discipline and martial arts taught by Sam Tebay (firstname.lastname@example.org) every Wednesday evening in term times
- LAMDA Drama tuition and coaching for all ages – outstanding 2017 results – contact Sarah London at email@example.com
- Jittabugs Classical Ballet class on a Monday at 4-5pm with Emily Dauris – contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hove Luncheon Club – an award-winning group of volunteers (Argus Community Stars) who provide a three-course meal for £2 to all comers every Tuesday at 12.30 (during term time).
Caroline Henderson (email@example.com) of Cooking & Co also runs a Thursday group here – it started as a cooking club for a number of people with differing abilities, but it is increasingly popular with people who drop in to eat together
- Monday Guild: between September and May, from 2 to 4 pm, weekly on Mondays, this is a Christian meeting for friendship and fellowship, with a variety of speakers and topics.
- Prayer and meditation:
- on first Wednesday each month, from 6-7 pm, we’re joined by other faith groups for prayer.
- Also, every Wednesday evening from 7-8 pm a small group of us gather to pray for the church family, our local community, national and world issues. We welcome prayer requests, and will also pass them on to our email Prayer Link group. Anyone is welcome to come and sit in. On the last Wednesday in the month, this session is given over to Centering Prayer and Lectio Divina; forms of Christian meditation. Again, this is open to anyone, whether Christian or not. Contact the church office firstname.lastname@example.org for details
- Brighton & Hove Camera Club run a group here at 7-9.30 on Tuesday evenings
- Film Club: between September and May, on the first Friday of the month at 7.45pm, we watch a film together then chat about it over a cuppa afterwards. Free admission with donations towards our chosen charity. Details in Newsnotes.
- Mens Club: September to May, weekly on Fridays, 7.30-10.30pm, snooker, darts, table tennis. c/o David Sawyer